5.27.2010

Field Op #1


Code name: Sporty Spice Thursday

I think it's important to dress appropriately for work. Appropriate can mean any variety of things and in my office, jeans and a nice shirt is entirely appropriate. Jeans and a shirt are not hard to come by, they are easy to find in one's size, and they are simple and even comfortable to wear.

Yesterday a coworker wore Daisy Dukes and a tank top and flip flops while she pranced about the office. The day before it was leotard pants, an 80s retro sweater, and visible bra straps.

But hey! There's no dress code!

Now, I do have enough dignity and sense not to parade about at work with my underthings displayed for the world, but I also have a sense of self sufficiently secure to wear running shoes, gray running capris with reflective yellow stripes, a hot orange running shirt (also reflective), and sweatbands. And so I did.

After being told yesterday that there is no dress code, I threatened to wear pajamas but again, the dignity thing. That's not to say that this particular get-up was easy to wear (I felt absurd) in an office where many people are dressed in khakis or skirts, but I'm making a point here, folks. My outfit was not appropriate for work, but it was appropriate in and of itself. And hey, there's no dress code, so quit staring.



No comments:

Post a Comment